The two wheeler multi-year policy by Liberty General Insurance (LGI) is a unique insurance product brought out especially to offer long term coverage to owners .
Two Wheeler Multi-Year policy
The two wheeler multi-year policy by Liberty General Insurance (LGI) is a unique insurance product brought out especially to offer long term coverage to owners of two wheeler vehicles. Unlike standard annual bike insurance plans, these long term bike insurance plans extend for two or three years.
The main objective behind this insurance policy by LGI is to curb the risk of lapse in policy, and enable people to stay safer while on the road. Longer policy tenures will let people escape the hassles of yearly renewals. Policyholders will also get to enjoy coverage and benefits under this plan by paying the premium in one go.
Loss or damage to the Insured Vehicle
The Company will indemnify the insured against loss or damage to the vehicle insured hereunder and/or its accessories whilst thereon by Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning
Burglary, Housebreaking or theft
Earthquake (fire and shock damage)
Flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost
Accidental external means
While in transit by road rail inland- waterway lift elevator or air;
Also if the vehicle is disabled by reason of loss or damage that is covered under the policy, the Company will bear the reasonable cost of protection and removal to the nearest repairer and redelivery to the Insured but not exceeding in all Rs. 300/- in respect of any one accident.
The insured may authorize the repair of the vehicle necessitated by damage for which the Company may be liable under this Policy provided that:
a) The estimated cost of such repair including replacements, if any, does not exceed Rs. 150/-
b) The Company is furnished forthwith a detailed estimate of the cost of repairs and
c) The insured shall give the Company every assistance to see that such repair is necessary and the charges are reasonable.
Liability to third parties
1. Subject to the limits of liability as laid down in the Schedule hereto the Company will indemnify the insured in the event of an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the insured vehicle against all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay in respect of
i. Death of or bodily injury to any person including occupants carried in the insured vehicle (provided such occupants are not carried for hire or reward) but except so far as it is necessary to meet the requirements of Motor Vehicles Act, the Company shall not be liable where such death or injury arises out of and in the course of the employment of such person by the insured,
ii. Damage to property other than property belonging to the insured or held in trust or in custody or control of the insured
PROVIDED ALWAYS that the Company shall not be liable in respect of death injury or damage caused or arising beyond the limits of any carriageway or thoroughfare in connection with the bringing of the load to the vehicle for loading thereon or the taking away of the load from the vehicle after unloading there from.
2. The Company will pay all costs and expenses incurred with its written consent.
3. In terms of and subject to the limitations of the indemnity granted by this section to the insured, the Company will indemnify any driver who is driving the vehicle on the insured's order or with insured's permission provided that such driver shall as though he/she was the insured observe fulfill and be subject to the terms exceptions and conditions of this Policy in so far as they apply.
4. In the event of the death of any person entitled to indemnity under this Policy the Company will in respect of the liability incurred by such person indemnify his/her personal representative in terms of and subject to the limitations of this Policy provided that such personal representative shall as though such representative was the insured observe fulfill and be subject to the terms exceptions and conditions of this Policy in so far as they apply.
5. The Company may at its own option
a) arrange for representation at any Inquest or Fatal Inquiry in respect of any death which may be the subject of indemnity under this Policy and
b) Undertake the defense of proceedings in any Court of Law in respect of any act or alleged offence causing or relating to any event which may be the subject of indemnity under this Policy.
Personal accident cover for owner-driver
Subject otherwise to the terms exceptions conditions and limitations of this Policy, the Company undertakes to pay compensation as per the following scale for bodily injury/death sustained by the owner-driver of the vehicle indirect connection with the vehicle insured whilst mounting into/dismounting from or travelling in the insured vehicle as a co-driver, caused by violent accidental external and visible means which independent of any other cause shall within six calendar months of such injury result in:
Nature of Injury Scale of Compensation
i) Death 100%
ii) Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye.
iii) Loss of one limb or sight of one eye 50%
iv) Permanent total disablement from injuries other than named above.
Provided always that
A. the compensation shall be payable under only one of the items (i) to (iv) above in respect of the owner-driver arising out of any one occurrence and the total liability of the Company shall not in the aggregate exceed the sum of Rs. 1 lakh during any one period of insurance.
B. no compensation shall be payable in respect of death or bodily injury directly or indirectly wholly or in part arising or resulting from or traceable to
(a) intentional self-injury suicide or attempted suicide physical defect or infirmity or
(b) an accident happening whilst such person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
C. Such compensation shall be payable directly to the insured or to his/her legal representatives whose receipt shall be the full discharge in respect of the injury to the insured.
his cover is subject to
a) The owner-driver is the registered owner of the vehicle insured herein;
b) The owner-driver is the insured named in this Policy.
c) The owner-driver holds an effective driving license, in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, at the time of the accident
The Company shall not be liable in respect of:
1. Any accidental loss damage and/or liability caused sustained or incurred outside the Geographical Area.
2. Any claim arising out of any contractual liability.
3. Any accidental loss damage and/or liability caused sustained or incurred whilst the vehicle insured herein is: a) being used otherwise than in accordance with the Limitations as to Use or b) being driven by or is for the purpose of being driven by him/her in the charge of any person other than a Driver as stated in the Driver's clause.
4. i) any accident loss or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising there from or any consequential loss
4. ii) any liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purposes of this exception combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission.
5. Any accidental loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapons material
6. Any accidental loss damage and/or liability directly or indirectly or proximately or remotely occasioned by or contributed to by or traceable to Additional covers or arising out of or in connection with war, invasion, the act of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations (whether before or after declaration of war), civil war, mutiny rebellion, military or usurped power or by any direct or indirect consequences of any of the said occurrences and in the event of any claim hereunder the Insured shall prove that the accidental loss damage and/or liability arose independently of and was in no way connected with or occasioned by or contributed to by or traceable to any of the said occurrences or any consequences thereof and in default of such proof the Company shall not be liable to make any payment in respect of such a claim.
Scope of Cover: In consideration of the payment of extra premium paid by the insured as mentioned in the policy schedule it is hereby understood and agreed subject to the terms, conditions exclusions and limitations that the Company shall bear the Depreciation amount deducted on the value of the parts replaced as a result of admissible claim under Own Damage Section.
Conditions: a) Insured Vehicle should be repaired at any of Company's authorized Garage.
For the purpose of this Cover the expression-admissible claim shall mean an event or series of events arising out of one cause in connection with the vehicle insured in respect of which indemnity is provided under this policy.
Scope of Cover: In consideration of the payment of extra premium paid by the insured as mentioned in the policy schedule it is hereby understood and agreed subject to the terms, conditions exclusions and limitations that the Company agrees to cover expenses incurred towards those items or substances of specific use which at the time of loss are either totally consumed or deemed unfit for further use in the vehicles arising out of damage to the vehicle insured and/or to its accessories caused by insured peril under the basic Two Wheeler Package Policy.
Consumables shall mean those items or substances which have specific use and when applied to their respective uses are deemed to be consumed completely and/or are deemed to be unfit for future use. These items include grease, lubricants clip, air conditioner's gas, bearings, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, break oil, nut and bolt, screw, washers and the like.
Subject otherwise to the terms, conditions, exceptions and limitations of the policy.
Special Conditions applicable:
a) The cover under this add-on will be available only for vehicles up to the maximum age of years.
b) For any claim to become payable under this add-on, it should be admitted under Own Damage Section of the Policy.
c) All such costs to be supported with proper bills/invoices only from Garages authorized by the company.
d) Such repairs to be undertaken within three (3) days of date of loss.
Gap Value Cover
Scope of Cover: In consideration of the payment of extra premium paid by the insured as mentioned in the Policy Schedule it is hereby understood and agreed subject to the terms, conditions exclusions and limitations that the Company shall pay the difference amount between the amount received under Own Damage (OD) Section i.e. Insured Declared Value (IDV) less deductibles under the policy AND price as per purchase invoice OR the current Replacement Value of vehicle if the same make model is available, whichever is less in the event of a Total Theft or Total Loss/ Constructive Total Loss (CTL) of the vehicle.
It also covers the Road Tax and first time registration charges if specifically declared and additional premium is paid.
Maximum liability to the company is limited to the sum insured mentioned in the policy schedule.
Special Conditions applicable to this benefit:
a) The vehicle insured is not more than years old on the date of commencement of the policy period.
b) The Total Theft or Total loss / Constructive Total Loss of the vehicle should be admissible under Own Damage Section of the policy.
c) Insured should be the first registered owner of the vehicle as per RTO records.
d) GAP Value SI = Current Ex showroom price + Registration Charges (if opted) + Road Tax (if opted)
Roadside Assistance Cover
Scope of Cover: In consideration of the payment of extra premium paid by the insured as mentioned in the policy schedule it is hereby understood and agreed subject to the terms, conditions exclusions and limitations that the company shall provide Roadside Assistance in case of breakdown of the insured vehicle upon his request, with a maximum of four claims related to any one or more of the following emergency assistance services during the Policy Period through the authorized vendor. The services provided under the Roadside Assistance are as under:
a) All additional expenses regarding replacement of a part, additional Fuel and any other service which does not form a part of the standard services mentioned above would be on chargeable basis to the insured.
b) This assistance service shall get initiated based on specific request by the insured.
c) Below service can be availed only once during the policy period:
i. Assistance in case of lost keys
ii. Arrangement of emergency fuel in case the vehicle runs out of fuel
The territorial scope of the Emergency and Additional Assistance Services provided will be within a radius (in Kms) (as mentioned in above given coverage table) from the Place of Breakdown to nearest applicable vendor or cities within the Republic of India excluding islands for the coverage limit mentioned under each service. Cost of Services beyond coverage limits as mentioned against each service shall be borne by the customer.
Engine Safe Cover
In consideration of payment of additional premium, it is hereby agreed and declared that this Policy extends to cover the consequential damage to the internal child parts of the engine of the Insured Vehicle arising out of water ingression / leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to gear box of the Insured Vehicle arising out of leakage of lubricating oil due to Accidental means. Under this cover, the company will compensate insured for the following:
a) Repair or replacement of the internal child parts of the engine such as pistons, connecting rods, crank shaft and cylinder head.
b) Repair or replacement of the internal parts of the gear box such as gears or shafts in the gear box housing.
c) Labour cost incurred by insured to overhaul the damaged engine and gear box
A) Claims made by insured against Company under 'Engine Safe' are subject to the conditions set forth under the Motor Insurance Policy.
B) Claims made by insured against company under 'Engine Safe' would be admissible if:
I. There is evidence that the Insured Vehicle stopped in water logged area resulting into damage to the internal parts of the engine due to water ingression
II. There is evidence of under carriage damage to engine and/or gear box leading to oil leakage and resulting into damage to internal parts of the engine and/or gear box
III. The loss or damage is not payable under Motor Insurance Policy.
C) In case of transfer of ownership of the Insured Vehicle, the cover under 'Engine Safe' shall expire
I. Insured should avoid driving the Insured Vehicle through water logged area as far as possible. If it is unavoidable, the vehicle should be driven in low gear and/or high engine RPMs.
II. Insured should not try to crank or push start the engine once the Insured Vehicle had stopped in the water logged area or undercarriage damage had taken place.
III. Insured should intimate company to obtain help.
Company will not be liable to indemnify insured for the following:
1. Where a loss is covered under any other type of insurance policy with any other insurer or manufacturer's warranty or recall campaign or under any other such packages at the same time.
2. Any consequential loss apart from the damage to the internal child parts of the engine due to water ingression/ leakage of lubricating oil and/or damage to gear box arising out of leakage of lubricating oil due to Accidental means.
3. Cost of engine oil and consumables in case of flushing of engine.
4. Loss or Damage including corrosion of engine due to delay in intimating company or delay in retrieval of the Insured Vehicle from the water logged area.
5. Where reasonable care has not been taken by insured to protect the loss or damage to the Insured Vehicle.